Here's what I currently offer!
I offer a variety of services for support. Pricing varies based on package and additional services selected, starting at $850. If you are looking for a service not currently listed, please ask! I am always working to continue my education and expand my services!
Basic Birth Services
Two prenatal visits to assess your needs and desires for birth, define and understand our expectations of one another, and provide you with useful tools for labor and birth
Birth preferences assistance to help you clarify your preferences for birth and explain the options that are available to you.
Access to lending library of books and videos of pregnancy, birth and baby care, to support your learning.
Continuous physical, emotional, and informational support to you and your partner for the duration of labor and birth, to help the you hold and move towards the vision you created for your baby's birth
Initial breastfeeding support immediately after birth to help your baby latch on properly and encourage establishment of breastfeeding.
One postpartum follow-up visit to celebrate the birth of your baby and answer any questions you have during the early postpartum period.
Unlimited phone, text and e-mail support to answer your questions and offer suggestions and support throughout pregnancy and early labor.
Enhanced Birth Services
All services in the Basic Doula Services Package
Prenatal introduction to babywearing or cloth diapers, assistance in locating and purchasing a carrier and/or diapers to suit everyones comfort and needs, and a postpartum session to check positioning, troubleshoot any issues and make sure everyone is comfortable and confident.
Birth and postpartum Add-ons
Private Childbirth Education class
Additional prenatal or postpartum visit
Placenta courier service to encapsulator of parents choice
Consultation on either babywearing or cloth diapering as described under the Enhanced Doula Services Package (only available with purchase of Enhanced package)
First 48/newborn photos
Benkung belly binding
Remote/Satellite doula services for clients not local to Southern California
Postpartum services begin at $20 an hour and are flexible and negotiable. Please contact me for further information.
HERE'S WHAT I DON'T DO!
I find that often, the role of a doula versus a midwife or monitrice is unclear. Here's what the scope of my work does not include:
- Perform any clinical tasks - I am not a doctor, midwife or nurse. My work is strictly in support, education and comfort.
- Make decisions for you - I will never force you to make a choice or make a choice for you. Every parent deserves to make the choice that is best for their family.
- Speak to the staff on your behalf - I WILL assist you in advocating for yourself, but I will not speak over you to your providers.
- Project any of my own beliefs onto your experience - Parenting is difficult. There is no single set of "right" answers for every family. I will support your choices without judgement, even if they differ from my own. Only you know what will be best for your family and situation!
- Wet nurse your baby- I can assist in feeding and help locate feeding resources as needed but I am not a wet nurse.
Copyright 2018 - La Doula Oblongata, Stephanie Ramirez-Hudnall, all rights reserved